thefabricator.com – Editorial Mission / Biography
Where the metal forming and fabricating industry searches online for suppliers and technology solutions
The metal fabricating and forming industry’s leading online resource, thefabricator.com® delivers the latest technical and
product information globally, around the clock.
According to the latest Online Publisher’s Association Internet Activity Index, Internet users now are spending nearly half
their time online with content. According to a 2008 Harvey Research Study, 80% of our subscribers utilize the Internet when
making purchasing decisions.
Thefabricator.com attracts more than 120,000 unique visitors monthly who are looking for information, news, and products
they need to operate and grow their businesses.*
Updated frequently, thefabricator.com adheres to the same editorial standards as all publications from FMA
Communications. Content—available in both English and Spanish—is divided into tech cells that allow visitors to zero in on
their areas of interest. Among the site’s content are:
• Web-exclusive articles from metalworking industry experts
• Reprinted articles from The FABRICATOR®, STAMPING Journal®, TPJ-The Tube & Pipe Journal®, and Practical Welding Today®
• Latest products
• Industry announcements
• Breaking news
• The Fabricator Blog—commentary from Editor-in-Chief Dan Davis, Senior Editor Tim Heston, and Web Content
Manager Vicki Bell
• Forming & Fabricating™ Industry Directory (FFID)—a comprehensive, searchable supplier database that allows users
• Buyers’ guides
• Classified ads
• Podcasts of popular columns in The FABRICATOR®, STAMPING Journal®, TPJ-The Tube & Pipe Journal®, and Practical
• Video Vault featuring supplier videos
• Monthly electronic newsletters distributed to direct-request subscribers
There simply is no better medium for reaching your worldwide market than thefabricator.com.
Web Content Manager
Source: Publisher’s own data; complete demographics available online at www.fma-communications.com
Vicki Bell is the Web content manager for thefabricator.com®. She is responsible for determining site
content, editing and writing Web-exclusive articles, contributing to The Fabricator Blog, and writing
four monthly e-newsletters for the metal fabricating and forming community.
Vicki became Web content manager in 2002, after joining the Fabricators & Manufacturers Association
Intl.® (FMA) as a marketing specialist in 1998. Previously she served in various management roles for
telecommunications and computer software companies. She has a Bachelor of Arts degree in English
from Rockford College, Rockford, Ill.